On August 25th, our first workshop took place with Vita Center, Inc. on How to Open Your Own Home-Based Child Care Program.
The workshop was coordinate by our NYSELTC Trainer, Johanna Echeverria, who helped our attendees learn about the important guidelines of starting your own childcare program and the state-required classes that go along with it.
Some of the important things that were touched upon in the workshop included:
- How to get acquainted and familiarize yourself with the New York State OCFS child day care regulations
- What type of daycare program to decide on (as pictured)
- Examples of health risks posed by environmental health hazards
- Health care plan guidelines
- Safety and emergency planning
- What to know about food programs
- Finding the need for child day care in your area
Vita Center, Inc. uses our licensed trainers and it's active staff's listening skills to attend to the needs of aspiring entrepreneurs. We also use our knowledge of starting a childcare business collaboratively with you. Do you have a dream to start a childcare business? If so, Vita Care has another one of our workshops this coming October!
Register now for our October 13 workshop here: bit.ly/OctoberVitaWorkshop
We hope to see you then!